Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Natalie's Blog Post 6

Arizona Jeans

This wall fixture is at a JC Penny store.  I was walking around and I saw this wall fixture which caught my attention for its colors and the way is set up.  In my walk to the wall I did not see any high signage or graphics that would guide me to the wall.  The theme of the wall is a rustic theme with Arizona Mountains’ landscape as a layout.  The products showed in this wall fixture are the Arizona Jeans.

The jeans showed are in different cuts and tones of blue.  In my opinion I think the kind of fixture display in this wall is a feature fixture.  I think so because the feature fixture is described “as a fixture that is design to hold fewer items and are used to highlight category groupings or smaller coordinate groups” (Bell & Ternus Silent Selling Book).  As a conclusion the color story for me is warm color scheme to emphasize the color of the jean and also describe the name of the brand which is Arizona, a really hot weather place.



Works Cited:
Bell, Judy, and Kate Ternus. "Chapter 4." SilentSelling. Fourth ed. New York: Fairchild Book, 2012. 100-01. Silent Selling: Best Practices and Effective Strategies in Visual Merchandising,4th Edition: Judy Bell,Kate Ternus: 9781609011536: Amazon.com: Books. Fairchild Books - New York. Web. 05 Sept. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment