Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Georgia Culp - Post 8

I started my dress piece by piece, but finally took the skirt through three different phases. I changed up the skirt three times, because I could not make the original flowers I created were not looking pretty at all. I wanted a pleated skirt, but it is looking more like a pencil skirt. So I decided to just to make the front of the skirt to work on the pleats better. My bodice came out pretty good. I decided to line the bodice with a ribbon that forms the edges. I decided to take out the flowers because it was just too busy. I need to figure out how to make the skirt flow.. so that is where I am at now. I plan on sewing up the skirt, add the zippers on the bodice ad skirt, plus a waistline border. The dress ended up being a two piece, unless I can make the skirt fuller. The skirt is now my challenge.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment