Monday, September 30, 2013

Blog 5 Karla Salazar

Karla Salazar

I have purchase the muslin that I will use to make the pattern of my dress. I also bought the fabric that I will be using for the actual dress, the fabric is white in color and it has a little stretch in it as it was something that was discussed in class during my board presentation. I also bought the zipper that I will add to the dress.



In the above pictures I started working on one of my props, I will be using a glass bottle from a drink I had and make a painting on it. I will also use the bottle as a vase of flowers that I will use to show the theme of my dress. I started taking all the stickers and names off the bottle, and cleaning any glue left behind, I did this so that I can start painting on it.



In the above pictures I started playing with the napkins to see if I could create flowers. I want to use flowers in my dress, this way it will not be so heavy or sticky will so much glue. The flower on the bottom was the first one I tried but it did not come out so good. The flower on the top came out better because I used more pieces of napkins to create more ruffles. I will be using the flower on the top for the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment