Monday, October 22, 2012

Maria Blog Post 2

    
   Genne Moore

  Genne Moore arrives to New York in 1935 with the dream of become a fine artist, but instead he finish being a window dresser. One of the firs jobs Moore took was making paper mache flowers for Bob Smith Display Company. One of his "contributions"in the fashion world was the belly button on mannequins thanks to the fact that he molded them on Hollywood stars like Audrey Hepburn and Vivien Leigh. According to Moore, "People recognized the mannequins in my windows. Some of the mannequins even acquired fans... I admit I once kissed one of my mannequins, but I won't tell which. I just wanted to see what it would be like. It was like kissing a desk."1



Work Cited 

1. http://www.warholstars.org/warhol1/6bonwit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment