Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blog post 8- Lexi

For my visual display I am making flowers from egg cartons and butterflies from milk cartons. It wasn't hard to make, but waiting to collect all the materials took a while. After glueing the flowers together, I painted them with acrylic orange and yellow paint. To make the butterflies I printed out an outline of a butterfly and trace & colored over it with permanent markers.  
The struggle with this garment is the actual construction on the dress. I honestly don't have much experience in sewing since I'm more of a craft person. Along with this project I had a workload of homework from other classes and not enough time.  But I took the next few days off of work to dedicate myself to this garment and will be staying with my model to make sure the garment is adjusted to her measurements and to get the garment done by week 10. It's a struggle but I love the challenge and experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment