Monday, June 24, 2013

Ana: Blog Post 3


This is from Kohl's:  A wall display for Elle

1. Unity:  I think they created unity by the use of the red wall which unified the whole display.
2. Harmony:  I just thought it was balanced, unified and eye catching
3. Balance:  I thought they made a good use of balance by placing 2 bodice Mannequins on each side of the picture, and placing 4 pegs on each side and one rack in the middle
4. Repetition: They used a little repetition with the mannequins, but for balance purposes, I assume.   
5. Rhythm:  They used rhythm through the use of the mannequin's being bigger, smaller, smaller, bigger, which created a dipped curve in the display
6. Emphasis:  They created emphasis on the poster in the middle of the wall. and the tops on the mannequin's.
7. Contrast:  I think they created contrast by the use of the shelving, which seamed to have created a line that made you look up.
8. Surprise:  I was a little surprised by the yellow walls on the side that really made the red pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment